Terms and Conditions
Update : September 14, 2022
Registration and payment terms
- The number of participants is limited to 300. Registration is on a first come first served basis. This number may be reduced in accordance with the health regulations in force at the time of the event.
- Upon registration, a confirmation email is sent automatically. The NCCR Chemical Biology assumes no responsibility if communications cannot be sent due to a faulty e-mail address.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to make the online payment of the registration fees. You are expected to pay within 1 week to confirm your attendance. The organizer will confirm your registration after receiving your online payment.
- Admittance to the conference cannot be permitted without prior receipt of payment or a valid proof of payment.
Personal data management
- The data entered upon registration will appear on your name badge, receipt, certificate of participation, etc. as inserted in the registration form.
- The NCCR Chemical Biology will use your personal information to process your payments and your registration, provide you with information regarding the symposium (including scheduling and logistics), provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to symposium participants.
- We reserve the right to display personal information (name, email address, job title, company, workplace) among symposium participants to enable attendees to contact each other for networking purposes.
- Statements made by speakers are their own opinion and not necessarily that of the organization they represent nor of the organizers.
- Speakers and agendas are subject to change at any time, without prior notice, although the upmost will be done to limit inconveniences of this type.
- The event is organised in compliance with health measures stated by the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health and the UNIGE. Participants will have to comply with the health measures in force at the time of the symposium, e.g. show a valid COVID pass. More info on the Federal Office of Public Health website
Photograph and video consent and release
- The NCCR Chemical Biology takes photographic and video material of participants during the symposium. When registering for the symposium, you acknowledge having read the terms and conditions specific to this event regarding the transfer of your image rights to the NCCR. The NCCR will retain the copyright of the photographs and videos taken on during the symposium.
- You grant permission to the NCCR Chemical Biology to capture and reproduce images of yourself intact or in part for material used in publications, brochures, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on Internet and social media pages pertaining to the activities of the NCCR Chemical Biology, and you agree not to claim any compensation or other remuneration for it, presently or in the future.
Cancellation of registration by participant
Cancellations due to non-COVID-19 related reasons are subject to the following regulations:
- Cancellation of registration must be submitted via email sent to the Conference Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and is valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by the Conference Officer.
- Your registration will be cancelled together with the abstract you have submitted for the symposium.
- If cancellation occurs:
- earlier than October 18, 2022 then the registration fee will be reimbursed to the full
- between October 18, 2022 and October 24, 2022 will be refunded with 50% cut-off
- from October 25, 2022 onwards, there will be no refund
- If payment has been made by the payment deadline of the event and a visa is not awarded in time to travel to the event, the full registration fee will be reimbursed. In this case, the visa rejection letter or proof that the visa application process has been initiated on time is required before reimbursement is processed.
- In case an abstract is not accepted for presentation at the Symposium, no cancellation fee will be due.
Cancellation due to a positive COVID-19 test, quarantine or travel restrictions
- You have been tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (medical certificate needed) right before the conference;
- You are prevented from attending due to a imposed quarantine (written proof from a local healthcare centre needed);
- You are prevented from entering Switzerland due to changed COVID-19 travel restrictions.
It is possible to cancel your participation in the International Symposium on Chemical Biology at any time. The full conference registration fee will be reimbursed. Your cancellation needs to be announced by email to the conference officer (email@example.com) with the required documents attached.
Cancellation of registration by the NCCR Chemical Biology due to force majeure
- The NCCR Chemical Biology is entitled to reschedule, shorten, withdraw from or terminate (in all cases partially or completely) the symposium for factual reasons beyond the control of the NCCR Chemical Biology, such as lockdown due to sanitary conditions, fire, severe thunderstorm, terror threats, security/safety risks or flooding (“force majeure”) without this leading to the NCCR Chemical Biology being liable for any damages.
- The termination pursuant to the cause of force majeure invalidates the parties’ mutual obligations. The NCCR Chemical Biology shall inform the participants without due delay.
- In the event of a termination by NCCR Chemical Biology due to force majeure, the NCCR Chemical Biology shall reimburse any payment made to it by the participants for services that have not been provided at the time of cancellation.
- Participants are responsible for the cost of travel from their hometowns to the venue in Geneva, as well as for the costs of hotel, non-sponsored meals, local transport and other living expenses.
- They will also have to make their own arrangements for passports, visas, travel insurance and medical insurance.
Links to other websites
The NCCR Chemical Biology websites (including the international symposium website) contain links to third party websites or resources. Their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by the NCCR Chemical Biology, and these are provided for your information and convenience only. The NCCR Chemical Biology accepts no responsibility of liability in respect thereof.
By participating in this symposium, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In the event that these terms and conditions are revised, your on-going consent will be sought.